[MacDV] Re: The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 00:18:20 PST 2003

No offense, but either you don't get it, or aren't listening to what a lot of
Mac faithful are saying. I don't expect Apple to sit on the fence. I don't
mind, and actually support them advancing, and moving on to OSX and all the
iApps. This is all good.

What I DON"T like are the ways in which they are penalizing those of us who
choose to not move to OSX at this time. I for one, cannot afford to buy a
whole new system, with new peripherals and software. There is no reason they
can't sell a version of iDVD for $100 that will let me burn DVD's on my 8600
in OS9.

There is no reason they can't have a very small team doing some support.
Don't you think they could SELL some of the iApps, if they made them for OS9?
I think they could. Shoot, they have a whole team working on OSX on Intel
machines, that obviously isn't making them any money. We all know that OSX is
the future, but some of us can't afford to go yet, and don't like being
treated badly, just because we can't. Not every Mac owner is in a high paying
career.

STeve

<< Switch or don't switch - Apple probably won't care.  But expecting
Apple to keep sitting on the fence just because some others do is
pointless. >>