[MacDV] DVD Movie production in Widescreen

markflo at mac.com markflo at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 09:15:58 PST 2003

Since no one else has tackled this, I'll give it a shot...

Your best bet would probably be to use something like Cleaner 6 to get
your edited movies into MPEG-2.  So you'll need to export it from FCP
first, but if you do it as a FCP movie (rather than a fully exported
QuickTime) the file size of the exported movie should be much smaller.

Also, I thought you could specify the size of the MPEG-2 file you
wanted when exporting form QuickTime Player...  but I don't know about
going straight from FCP though.

So try a third-party compression app, or use a different codec like
Sorensen (if it's for computer playback). (so, is this for DVD playback
or computer playback?)

BTW, what is a Panasonic PT-50PHD4-P? (quite a mouthful!)

- Mark