[MacDV] Re: The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 10:47:18 PST 2003

You gotta be kidding, right? All the code is already in DVD Pro. How much do
you really think it would cost them to copy the code from DVD Pro to iDVD?

STeve

<<
On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 02:18 AM, SLarsonIH at aol.com wrote:

> There is no reason they can't sell a version of iDVD for $100 that
> will let me burn DVD's on my 8600 in OS9.

Did you do a business plan for that?  What's your estimate of the
support costs and the user base? Do you have projections of what that
will do to staffing requirements, and where those staff members will go
when iDVD for OS 9 goes away?

I don't hear any concern about Apple, or the staff, or their future, or
any appreciation of the difficulty in producing high-tech products -
just that anyone who doesn't provide what you want on your terms must
be malicious.

> Not every Mac owner is in a high paying career.

Not every venture is a charity

SR >>