The 20inch LCD Conspiracy

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Fri Jan 31 18:28:47 PST 2003

Macintosh Digital Video List1/31/03 6:51 PMMacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> That's your interpretation of the situation - and it seems more than a
> wee bit paranoid and reaching - especially given the limited amount of
> information you had on the subject when you posted this.

Why don't we just agree to disagree?

I like a good intelligent argument and you have made very valid points of
view.  But when it gets to a certain point there's no use in debating. We
all have a different outlook on how things are/were handled by corporate
mentality. I understand everything you said but I think you clearly
misunderstood my passion on the subject. In a nutshell, I'm for 100% truth
in advertising and any way you slice it - the marketing of this monitor has
resulted in a bit of chaotic confusion and numerous questions (from the
buying public as a whole), rather than useful and reliable information in
which an educated decision could be made regarding purchase.

No, I don't want Apple to kiss my ass. No, I don't want special treatment
because I enjoy OS9.  I'm not crying for backwards compatibility development
of apps. In fact, I WANT them to keep moving forward and keep working on X!
Then when I have completely converted I'll enjoy it fully. In the meantime,
I just want my CHOICES to be mine and not feel manipulated in their zeal to
rule the world with OS X.

Kathy