Sorry for this :(

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Fri Jan 31 21:02:05 PST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 21:38:08 -0500, digitalcinema at shaw.ca wrote:

>I am running a Blue and White G3/350 and was running Mac OS X 10.1.3-10.1.5
>but later I deleted this and now and running from the Mac OS 9 CD that I
>have. I could not get on my Internet (Shaw Lite Cable). First I did I ran
>Disk Utility on the Mac OS X CD and detected erros on the drive so I
>corrrected them and then rebooted. Problems still persisted so I
>re-installed and now I was having similar problems (could not get online). I
>ran Disk Utility and it detected no errors but I guess the lights on the
>Cable Modem were haivng a panic and was not able to get online. Now
>everything is working fine. Any ideas of what may be happening here? Is my
>Blue G3 Mac on it's last legs? As of now everything is working good. I am
>wondering for how long though. I recently got a Maxtor 7200RPM 40GB ATA
>drive. Could it be faulty? How could I find out (I do not think it is).

My iMac is connected through an XRouter Pro to a Road Runner cable modem.

About once a month, my Internet connection stops working (my browser,
e-mail client, and news reader will fail when trying to connect).
I've found that cycling the power on the router gets it working again.

I presume you tried cycling power on your cable modem and router (if
you have one)?

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>