best int. hd for new G4 tower?

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Fri Jan 31 20:47:04 PST 2003

After adding a 120 GB IBM (ATA) to a G4 400 Sawtooth AGP, I then
replaced the tiny 10G stock Maxtor  with a  120GB 8m cache western
digital.  BIG MISTAKE!  Not only is the Western D slower than the 2
cache IBM, I've now been getting numerous crashes with photoshop and
premiere.  There may also be a problem exporting to tape from a western
D (in an apple) to a Canon camcorder - which I haven't tried yet.

So, despite $ hardship, I've bought another IBM 120GB from owc and am
relegating the Western to a backup external hard drive only.

Just my experience.  Lynn