(OT) System crashes...

YangZone at aol.com YangZone at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 08:18:30 PDT 2003

Am getting System Crashes. 'Used to be once a week, now 3-4 times a day on my Powerbook 800 1G 10.2.6. ('Been happening since 10.2.3)

 An opaque curtain drops down the screen with the message (in several languages):
 You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power key for several seconds or press the Restart button.
 00:03:93:A5:7D:98
 192.168.000.002

 'Have run Disk Warrior, Disk Optimizer X and latest virus defs.

 Before doing the dreaded Clean Install would like to know what prefs (sys etc) etc. that I might safely trash to try to resolve the problem.

 Thanks.

 PJ