Analog capture card?

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Thu Jul 3 08:43:05 PDT 2003

Gary,

The models below support the kind of plugs (component) and mikes (XLR)
used on BetaCam and other industrial equipment. The Canopus mentioned
below is $1499. The Promax is $1795.

Charles McConothy, president of ProMax and former list member here,
used to talk highly of the prosumer ADVC-100 ($299), if that's what you
might be considering. But it just supports composite (regular RCA)
plugs, SVHS, Hi8, and DV (firewire). It's small, portable, and would be
easy to swipe if you ever quit your job ;-)

If you wanna go even cheaper, there's also the non-portable internal
model:
<http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-50/pt_advc-50.asp>

Now you know everything :-)

Rick