[MacDV] Re: Which 3ccd camera?

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 08:21:35 PDT 2003

On 7/6/03 9:00 AM, "Tim Selander" <selander at tkf.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> I'm also in Japan; own the MX5000 (953 in the US, MX500 in Europe). It
> compares favorably with the 950, not quite as good as the VX2000 -- but
> at less than half the price it shouldn't be as good as the VX2000.

There's been a lot of buzz among the video cognoscenti about the Panasonic
PV-DV953. It's the first 3CCD camcorder targeting the consumer price point,
at around $1,500 in the US. MacMall is listing it at $1,199, but it's not in
stock yet. Latest projection from them is 11 July, but previous projected
dates keep coming and going.

-- Mark