Sony batteries compatible?

David Cole themixguy at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 11:40:56 PDT 2003

My Sony MiniDV camcorder model TRV-9 woke up with no LCD screen the
other day. Just quit. But the viewfinder is working, the camera records
and plays back. Very weird... I've had it in for repairs a couple of
times over it's life, never for this problem though. I'm pondering
buying a new camera, as opposed to paying the one-size-fits-all fee
that Sony charges (again).

My question: if I buy a newer camera, will my investment in InfoLithium
batteries be lost, or can I use the NP-F550 batteries I own with new
cameras? Any raves about the TRV-950? I think that's my need/budget
point.

Thanks to the list for your continued support.

-DC