[MacDV] Adobe drops Premiere for Mac

Mark.Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 19:29:18 PDT 2003

I'm actually kind of disappointed with Adobe's choice to discontinue
Premiere for the Mac.  Maybe I'm just sentimental 'cause that's what I
used to hone my editing chops -- or maybe it's because that leaves one
less competitor for Apple to contend with to keep up the quality and
feature set of Final Cut Pro (even though it's kind of in a different
class than Premiere).

There's also the "mindshare" perception of those less-informed Windoze
users who see a *MAJOR* player in the software industry dropping
Premiere development for the Mac (even though it's an app that has not
advanced much in the past few years -- but the Windoze folk don't know
that)...

Just some thoughts.

- Mark