CD slide show for DVD

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 20:13:13 PDT 2003

If you have the instructions for making a Super Video CD from Mac Addict, I may have a solution for you:

First of all, make a movie of your stills by importing them into iMovie and drop them onto the timeline in the order you wish them to be. (If you have iMovie 3 and you get that Ken Burns effect, you may have to ask the other listers how to get rid of it if you don't want it.) If you want them to be shorter that the 5 seconds they're given by default in iMovie you may need to split clips and discard the unwanted portions. Export the movie as a full quality Quicktime movie.

Next use MissingMpegTools as per Mac Addict's instructions to create your Mpeg-II file(s).

When you get to the step where you are using MissingMenuGen (I think I have the name right) you'll notice that you can set what clip comes next when the one that is playing times out. I would think that you could set it as a continuous loop. Without going into all the steps, that looks like it could be your solution.

-Dave