CD slide show for DVD

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Mon Jul 7 19:59:05 PDT 2003

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:19:09 -0500, "R. A. Cantrell" <racan at flash.net> wrote:
>Listers,
>             I have a small project in mind. I don't know exactly how to do
>it or if software has already been written to  do it, (or if it can be
>done.)
>
>I want to burn a cd that  will play in my DVD player. I want to have that cd
>do  this. Automatically open and  run a continuous loop slide show of images
>on  the  television. I think I  could do all this  so that it would run  on
>a  computer (where  I  have  the capability of clicking to open  and  start
>the  slide show) but  I  don't know quite what to  do  about getting it  to
>run this little  set of tricks automatically.

If the slide show runs 30 seconds or less, you could create your
30-minute slide show in iMovie, and then drop that into an iDVD
theme's drop zone or set it as the background movie, which would
cause it to play continuously in a loop. I seem to recall that there
is some hack you can do to the project to increase the loop time if
necessary.
--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>