SVCD again

Neville Thomas nevillet at clear.net.nz
Tue Jul 8 14:39:56 PDT 2003

Useful replies from Mark, Dennis, & Filipp

As previously explained, I have:
Created a movie with iMovie
Installed iVCD and used it to "convert" to a MPEG2 version, and then an
"Image"
Installed the Quicktime MPEG 2 component
Viewed the MPEG2 version in Quicktime (looks good).
Burned to a CD-RW with Toast Lite, but it was just "data" (Toast-Lite
came with the LITE-ON CD burner)
(Incidentally an MPEG1 burned to a VCD with Toast Lite DID play on the
iBook DVD)

iVCD won't burn the CD as it doesn't support the LITE-ON LTR-16102B
(EZQuest FireWire box).

So I purchased Toast Titanium (NZ$180) but was surprised to discover it
will burn only VCD, not SVCD.

But Dennis proposed:
The image files need to be loaded into Toast as tracks in a Multitrack
CD-ROM XA disc.
In Toast Titanium, that is under the "Other" popup menu button.

I did that and finished with a CD with the following folders (files) on
it:
EXT (SCANDATA.DAT), MPEG2 (AVSEQ01.MPG, SVCD (5 SVD files & SEARCH.DAT)
Does that look like a SVCD should?

Thanks
Neville Thomas in Auckland NZ