[MacDV] Re: Downloading Protected Files

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Tue Jul 8 20:51:10 PDT 2003

   >From: Filipp Lepalaan <filipp at mac.ee>

Filipp, thank you for posting the instructions for using curl.
I've only been using Mac OS X regularly for a few weeks, and am
still amused when I realize that I can do real UNIX things with it!

I do have a couple of fast questions about one of the instructions.
Maybe anyone else who tried them can chime in on whether they got
the line to work as indicated.

   >6) Type "curl -O <cmd> -V

I can't see any reason to use the Command key there. Instead, isn't
that where the URL should be pasted in? When I tried "curl -O <url>,"
it worked fine.

Also, when I appended "-V", all I got was a line about the current
version of curl; no download at all. Maybe you meant "-v" (verbose mode)?

Thanks again for this tip!

Patty