SVCD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 18:39:02 PDT 2003

> So I purchased Toast Titanium (NZ$180) but was surprised to discover it
> will burn only VCD, not SVCD.

No, it burns SVCD, it's just not called that. The format is Multitrack
CD-ROM XA (as you've discovered).

> But Dennis proposed:
> The image files need to be loaded into Toast as tracks in a Multitrack
> CD-ROM XA disc.
> In Toast Titanium, that is under the "Other" popup menu button.
>
> I did that and finished with a CD with the following folders (files) on
> it:
> EXT (SCANDATA.DAT), MPEG2 (AVSEQ01.MPG, SVCD (5 SVD files & SEARCH.DAT)
> Does that look like a SVCD should?

Yep.

Your Mac DVD player software won't play it, but VLC will. And your
set-top DVD player should play it (note: most Sony models do not play
SVCD discs).

_Chas_

The CPU speed wars are over. We won.
http://www.apple.com/powermac/