[MacDV] Re: Camcorder resolution

Dmytro Koval'ov dmytro.kovalov at nikkocitigroup.com
Wed Jul 9 18:37:09 PDT 2003

  Jim> On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 05:24 PM, macnews wrote:

  +> I am confused about cameras that claim a megapixel size.  I get the
  +> impression that it is only referring to still picture capability
  +> and not video.  Am I incorrect in making this assumption?  Thanks.

  Jim> They refer to the number of pixels on the imaging CCD.  It is
  Jim> directly related to the perceived resolution of the video.  THE
  Jim> VIDEO SIZE HOWEVER is still 720x480 or there abouts. so the
  Jim> picture isn't bigger but it's sharper. jim

Bigger matrix size is also used for image stabilization.

--Dmytro.

--
 Dmytro Koval'ov
 http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~as9d-kvlv, http://yarylo.sytes.net