sound/video sync when exporting iMovie to Quicktime problem

Sebastian Blanco sqb.geo at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 11:20:22 PDT 2003

Hello. I've got a 17-minute fun project that I made in
iMovie 3 under os X.2.6. the project sits on a
firewire hard drive (i'm using a powerbook g4 that's
got a pretty full hard drive). the problem is that
when i try to turn this project into a quicktime file
(and it doesn't matter what quality level i set it
at), i get sound sync problems about 8-9 minutes into
the file. is this common? any advice on how to create
a clean quicktime file? it's frustrating to have this
project done but i can't share it now because of this
issue. thanks. sqb.