[MacDV] Re: DVD Studio Pro and QuickTime Pro

Ron Woodland woodland at infowest.com
Mon Jul 14 16:46:51 PDT 2003

No, it's a different number.  And you don't need different QT player
software.  Both numbers are located on the "Read This Before Installing
DVD Studio Pro."  You enter the number in the QuickTime control panel
in the System Preferences.  I think you can also access the
registration via a menu item in the QuickTime Player application, as
you mentioned.

A thought occurs to me as I write this.  The DVD Studio Pro 1.5 product
may have only a QT5 registration number.  That's the way mine came,
even though QT6 was released long before I bought the product.  I think
that's wrong of Apple, but it may be an issue of shelf life.  I didn't
stress about it because Final Cut Pro 4 came with a QT6 registration
number, so I just used that instead.  This may be the problem you are
seeing -- trying to register QT6 with a QT5 number.  Depending on when
you bought DVD Studio Pro 1.5, I bet a call to Apple could get you a
free registration number for QT6 ...but don't quote me on that.

Ron Woodland