When video editing, does a G3 run better with OS9 or X?

Craig Busch clbusch at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 16:56:03 PDT 2003

I have been working with 9 and X on my G3.  I am about to start working on a commercial project.  I haven't upgraded to a G4 yet.  May end up being a G5.  Anyway, X will definitely run on my machine, iMac G3 700 DVSE, 100 bus, Backside cache 257 k, video card 16 meg, 768 meg ram.  My question is,
since X was probably designed to run and be optimized on the G4, is it possible that if I have a G3 chip,  since video editing commands so much of the computer's capacity, that it will run better/smoother using OS9 than X?  I will also be working on a longer project than I have before.  The internal
drive is a 5400 and the external is a Promax 7200 (tested for video editing).  I capture to the Promax drive.
I would appreciate any thoughts on this as I would like to would in the optimum environment for the project.
Thank you,
Craig