[MacDV] Re: MissingMPegTools

Leigh Seaver keeleefeefee at mac.com
Thu Jul 17 13:23:15 PDT 2003

Thanks for the response!

Yes, the Apple Developer Tools are in a folder DEVELOPER on the top
level of the hard drive, along with APPLICATIONS, USERS, LIBRARY, and
SYSTEM.  The DEVELOPER folder contains the Developer Tools, not disk
images.  The install seems to have gone correctly (though it took some
time), with no errors or problems indicated during the process.

I opened Project Builder and a few other applications in Developer
Tools and they seemed to respond appropriately.  The install .pdf does
not indicate anything else I should have done or where the DEVELOPER
folder should be.

What is MediaPipe, exactly?  I did a file search and it came back with
MediaPipeErrorLog, which was the file generated with my unfortunate
result yesterday.  But no other file containing that name.  MC (at his
MMPeg Tools site) also states that MPEG encoding requires MediaPipe
0.8.9 ... so I am wondering if I simply do not have this package.  I
was under the impression it was part of Apple Developer Tools 2002.  If
not, where do I get it?

Yes, I have that copy of MacAddict and the directions seem very easy,
almost a copy of the instructions from MC's site.  I want to use
Missing Menu Gen to enable features on my VCD/SVCD which VCD Builder
does not allow ... I haven't tried iVCD.   I do not think Missing Menu
Gen will be difficult, once I get all the pieces in place ... and I
believe that is the problem I am having at the moment.

Thanks.