Toast 6

William Hofius wjh at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 08:16:27 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 07:15  AM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> On a serious note the upcoming release of Toast 6 sounds like good news
> for owners of G4 notebooks and G4 iMac owners without the superdrive.
> If they became interested in making DVD they finally will have a real
> option to author DVDs on external burners.  So how will they handle the
> mpeg 2 licensing?  Will Apple finally offer a plug in to allow the use
> of iDVD with an external burner?  Looks as SVCD will be as easy to
> create as VCDs have been with Toast.  I see this as a most positive
> development for loyal Mac users, too bad it wasn't made by Apple.

Since I was too distracted by the Apple Ad controversy, could someone
please tell me more about the Toast 6 announcement?

I have an 800MHz Ti PowerBook and just today ordered a 1GHz model so
that I could have a portable SuperDrive and use iDVD. If I could have
saved myself some money and bought an external drive and still gotten
the job done...