Much Ado About the G5 Ad

William Hofius wjh at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 08:28:40 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 07:15  AM, Macintosh Digital Video List
wrote:

> Yes, but the main point is that it's hard to show in 30 seconds how
> much easier it is to use and how much better the results are than with
> that "other operating system," i.e. in Windows ads they also tell you
> you can make movies with their software.

I guess for me, the voice-over only says the world's faster computer.
That's it and nothing more. I would have appreciated just a bit more
info. I suppose talking about an 800 MHz front-side bus would be
pointless. But they could have said something more:

"Introducing the PowerMac G5, the first personal computer to put the
power and speed of an IBM server on your desktop. Make movies faster.
Burn DVDs in less time. And games... the PowerMac G5 will blow you
away. The new PowerMac G5. The world's fastest personal computer. Only
from Apple."