[MacDV] Re: Much Ado About Nothing - Apple AD's in general

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 19 09:12:48 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 10:53 AM, Chris Searles wrote:

> On Samstag, Juli 19, 2003, at 05:49  Uhr, Steven Rogers wrote:
>
>> There is no necessary conflict between ads that are cute and clever
>> *and* convey information about the product. Wasn't there an ad
>> showing a kid who programmed his Mac to wake him up with iTunes?  The
>> ad showing a guy using an iPod and bopping out an apartment door was
>> almost good.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but weren't the more informative ads usually 60
> seconds long?

I haven't seen those particular ads captured, but I think the alarm
clock ad was short. There are quite a few Mac ads online in various
archives that google can turn up.  Length really isn't an issue. If a
creative team set as their goal to convey the iLife concept, they could
come up with short and long spots.

Maybe that would be an interesting group activity - shoot something you
think is the style Apple should go for in its ads, upload it to your
.Mac space or web site, and we have a short film festival.

SR