Toast 6 and G3 processors???

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Jul 22 12:02:25 PDT 2003

> From: Sean <spenney at stemnet.ca>
>
> Do you suppose Toast 6 will encode MPEG-2 for SVCDs and DVDs on a
> machine with a G3 processor? Of course it'll be deathly slow without
> the
> Altivec chip of G4s or G5s, but if it can work at all, and I invest in
> Toast 6, and a third party DVD writer, then I have a reason for keeping
> my aging G3 for a while.

I have encoded MPEG-2 on a G3 machine (as you say, it's slow but not
impossible), so I know it's doable. This doesn't directly answer your
question but at least it COULD be done.

_Chas_

"Microsoft has innovated nothing. The thing I find most contemptible is
Bill's lying , this thing about innovating. It makes me want to puke.
That's innovation a la Rockefeller, not innovation a la Edison."
-- Larry Elisson, Oracle CEO, 1998 interview with PC Week Online.