iMovie question

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 21:45:34 PDT 2003

The only way I'm aware of for merging clips together into one is using Quicktime Pro.

What you do is put the clips on the timeline in iMovie in the order you want, editing it however you wish. You export that to a full quality Quicktime movie.

Outside of iMovie, you open your exported mov file (Quicktime movie file) in Quicktime Player. Under the File Menu you go to Export. In the dialog box that appears for saving you choose "Movie to DV stream" as the format to use and save your movie as a DV file.

That DV file can then be imported into iMovie as a single clip.

-Dave