[MacDV] Re: iMovie question

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Jul 24 14:16:19 PDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 03:43 PM, sb wrote:

> Final Cut uses a completely different method of working,
> non-destructive.
>
> It only virtually cuts up clips, unlike iMovie, which is destructive
> editing.

iMovie isn't destructive either unless you specifically tell it to
empty the trash. At that point it does give a warning that emptying the
trash cannot be undone. Otherwise, the original files remain untouched
by cutting up clips.

The caveat is that if you trash an entire clip (or all parts of a clip
that's been cut to pieces), it will be deleted completely, without
warning, when you save the project. -Doesn't make sense to me either.

On second thought, maybe this is what you were referring to?

-Mike