[MacDV] Re: New to list - suggestions invited, please!

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 28 12:22:58 PDT 2003

>    >From: MrWitch <mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com>
>    >
>    >As for where I got my $30 per DVD-R, this is the current price per disc
>    >at my local Circuit City, one of the cheapest places locally. Of course
>    >I could find them cheaper online, but I rarely buy online due to the
>    >problems (shipping costs, worrying if the stuff will even be sent, etc.).
>
>I'm just getting into this stuff myself, but I'm very confused. I got five
>DVD-R discs at the Apple Store in Palo Alto for $14.95 (i.e., $3/each). I
>just looked at Circuit City's web site, and all the DVD-R discs there are
>also no more than $3 each. The most expensive discs I saw were DVD+Rs, and
>even those were only $7. What kind of DVD-R disc costs $30, and are they
>listed anywhere on Circuit City's web site so I can read about how they're
>different from the normal ones?

I'm unaware of any $30 DVD-R disc--whether authoring *or* general.
Authoring discs cost about $6 a pop these days.  General discs
(depending on brand, source) cost between $0.50 to $3.00 each.

Circuit City's site listed no discs anywhere near $30.00 each.

Perhaps the original poster was referring to a spindle of discs
rather than a single disc.

-- Erica