[MacDV] Re: question about which G4 to buy for digital vido

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jun 2 08:13:03 PDT 2003

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 05:07  PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Dual processors, which = a LOT more processing power, among other
> things.

But depending on the software, doesn't do anything for you.

I've only used the basics (iMovie, iDVD) but I haven't found anything
yet that actually makes use of the second processor. So if that's all
you're doing, a single faster processor is faster than two slower ones.

The flip side is if you want to do something else while the computer is
doing video work, a second processor is great. With a dual 1 GHz box I
can have iMovie capturing video while playing my favorite games or
doing other work.

-Mike