[MacDV] Re: question about which G4 to buy for digital vido

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Mon Jun 2 11:43:43 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 12:18  PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> The flip side is if you want to do something else while the computer
>> is doing video work, a second processor is great. With a dual 1 GHz
>> box I can have iMovie capturing video while playing my favorite games
>> or doing other work.
>
> This is not a Good Thing, if you're using any of the same busses

In general, I'd agree. But I haven't had any problems yet (I generally
capture to an external FW drive). Worst case scenario for me is I have
to rewind the tape a couple minutes and start capturing again -though I
haven't had to do this yet. I keep pushing it, just waiting for it to
fail. I even tried running Win XP under VPC to try to get it to cave,
but still no luck (if you want to call it that).

All I can say is, way to go OS X!

-Mike