[MacDV] Re: OT: must see TV!

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Mon Jun 2 11:49:34 PDT 2003

This bit is interesting hmmm...
"The idea for the advert derived partly from the old children's game
Mouse Trap, and from the wacky engineering of Caractacus Potts's
breakfast-making machine in the Sixties film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. "

So much for credit where credit is due... or due diligence. In light of
this. "This is a direct take from some German (Swiss?) artists whose
original work "Der Lauf der Dinge" (from the 80s I believe)"

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 02:35 PM, Darby Lee Darrow wrote:

>> I saw a thing on TV about that commercial -- supposedly it's 100%
>> real and
>> it took like 600 takes to capture it in real-time.  But I have my
>> doubts --
>> how can wheels roll *UP* that little ramp?  (maybe there were hidden
>> weights
>> in the tires or out of sight behind the wheel to help it along?)
>

> couldn't remember if this was posted all ready:
>
> <http://www.dailytelegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/
> nho
> nda13.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/04/13/ixhome.html>
> --
>
> Darby Lee Darrow
> darrowspammagnet at cox.net

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599