[MacDV] Re: iTunes 4.0.1 Has Been Cracked

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 11:02:07 PDT 2003

All this hand-wringing over whether the iTunes Music Store will survive
based on music sharing or not fails to address the most important issue
... profit.

Bottom line is that if iMS makes money for the record companies, they
will support it, if it doesn't, they won't. No matter how much the big
corporate record companies complain about piracy, they still distribute
through many other online channels with even less security simply
because they see the profit in it.

The closing of the Internet Sharing is big news, just like every
security hole in Windows is big news, but I don't see big corporations
pulling out of Windows because of them.

Ben