Freezes and Crashes/iMovie 2

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 12:01:43 PDT 2003

> From: Trbl007 at aol.com
>
> I imported a 20 minute video via firewire from my Canon ZR 10
> camcorder to my
>  external 30 G VST Firewire hard drive that was mounted via firewire
> on my
> 9.54 G G4 computer.  I am using system 9.1 with 64 mb built in memory.
>
> Everything would work well for a bit (I would do some editing) and
> then the
> computer would either freeze up or bomb.  I would also get a finder
> message
> like the finder has quit or the finder needs attention or a message
> such as
> iMovie has quit.
>
> Any help you all could give me would be very much appreciated.

A client of mine had EXACTLY the same problem. We added 256MB of RAM
and told iMovie to use a big chunk of it. Problem went away.

_Chas_

"You, on the other hand, need to go back to
i_own_a_pc_and_all_i_do_is_play_games_and_steal_from_kazza
_and_wait_for_crappy_mac_knockoffs_to_come_to_windows.com."
-- great putdown seen on MacNN forums