Mac magazines (was: S-VCD Refresher course needed)

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 12:06:10 PDT 2003

> From: Kunga <Kunga at FutureMedia.org>
>
> Sorry. These are quotes from the magazine. Typical. Everybody subscribe
> to MacAddict or not? I subscribe to both MacAddict and MacWorld.

I gave up on MacAddict a while back (and I used to write reviews for
them!), but since the new editor took over they've been great again.
Anyone who got sick of the "kiddie" mentality, I entreat you to pick up
a copy nowadays, they are MUCH improved.

I subscribe to MacWorld (which is handy for their reviews), Mac Design
(a mag everyone on this list should probably be taking -- and if you
subscribe via MacWishBook.com you can get it for cheap!), and Photoshop
User. I will probably re-subscribe to MacAddict when a good deal rolls
around. Mac Home Journal is probably too basic for this bunch, but
there's been some good writing (ahem) and useful stuff I've found in
there.

_Chas_

The iTunes Music Store has sold three MILLION songs in ONE month, more
than all other legal download services have sold in TWO YEARS. If they
can maintain that average over the course of a year, Apple will sell
more music than any other retail music source. And that's BEFORE you
add in countries outside the US, and Windows users. Woah.