S-VCD Refresher course needed

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 7 16:22:31 PDT 2003

I went out to Borders and picked up Mac Addict but it turned out that it was not yet the right issue. Fortunately a client of mine had the correct one with the SVCD article in it and photocopied it for me. He also gave me the CD for that one along with the CDs for some past issues. Buying the wrong issue wasn't a total waste though. I found out that many slot load iMacs (perhaps mine too) need a firmware update (iMac FWUpdate 4.1.9) before installing Jaguar. Otherwise you'll get a black screen that is VERY hard to fix. It does look definite that I need Jaguar to pull off making SVCDs.

My mention of G4s was in regard if I wanted to DVDs because the information I got here indicated that the DVD burning options available wouldn't work with my G3 iMac.

-Dave