Selling music online

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Jun 7 22:23:35 PDT 2003

> From: Art Amolsch <aamolsch at shentel.net>
>
> Apple has a ton (or so) of royalty free music available.
> I know it's in your .mac account if you have one because
> I've downloaded it myself (professional driver on a
> closed course; don't try this with dial-up).

ROFL!!

> If you don't
> have a .mac account, you can probably find it by
> scrounging around apple.com.

Nope. It is licensed EXCLUSIVELY for .Mac users. You can buy the same
stuff from freeplaymusic.com, but it will cost you a BUNDLE.

_Chas_

TIME: The people at Listen.com say downloading isn't the most popular
feature on their music service, Rhapsody. What's your  response?

JOBS: Well, that's correct. Downloading sucks on their service! You
download a  track and you can't burn it to a CD without paying them
more money -- you can't  put it on your MP3 player, you can't put it on
multiple computers -- it sucks! So of course nobody downloads! You pay
extra to download even on top of subscription fees. No wonder they have
hardly any download traffic -- they hardly even have any subscribers!