[MacDV] AAC

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 13:57:17 PDT 2003

Should be a progress bar in the olive drab window of the iTunes
interface. I don't think that AAC files are smaller. I think they may
be higher quality vs the same rate mp3 file but not smaller. I've
already ripped quite a few and I don't find them to be significantly
smaller than their mp3 siblings. I get sustained ripping rates for
160kbps AAC from CDs of about 8x on my 500 MHz Cube with a 52x reader
or 14x on my dual 867 MDD with a 48x reader.

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 12:51  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:

> Someone mentioned that the AAC format is much more compact than the
> MP3 so I'm converting my iTunes Library to free up some space.
> The think is now that I've "convert to AAC" everything is still listed
> as MP3... and when I try to quit iTunes tells me there is an "import"
> in progress.
> Is that because it is still converting? There is no progress window or
> whatever to indicate it... it disappeared a while ago? Does it take a
> while? Is there some way to see if that is still in progress?
> any thoughts?

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
<http://www.cube-zone.com>