[MacDV] DV port on camcorder found

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 15:35:32 PDT 2003

Pardon my French Gary,
But why did you put us through all that HELL for nothing? There is an
iLink LOGO right next to the regular ordinary 4 pin FW socket. Thanks a
lot for all that abuse I had to take. Next time have all parts with you
so you know what you are communicating is accurate. Your own photograph
shows the iLink LOGO and it is not proprietary at all. It does NOT look
different that any other 4 pin FireWire connector.

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 03:09  PM, Gary Fujihara wrote:

>  Okay, I thank everyone.  I down off the mountain and back on *earth*,
> and
> have checked my camcorder.  It does have a USB port, and a proprietary
> port
> labeled "DV".  It looks nothing like a 4 or 6 pin FW port, but some
> dinky
> looking connector (Sony ilink?).  So I will look for that cable from
> the
> nearest Shark...er, I mean Sharp dealer, unless someone can verify
> that this
> is indeed a Sony ilink connector (which looks different than the 6 or
> 4 pin
> FW connector I am familiar with).
>
>    Here is a picture of the connector:
> http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/
> p312b8dbc6dc242f3b44c559ba7edd8c
> c/fbf94797.jpg
>
>    Better news: a buddy of mine at the University of Hawaii Media
> Center has
> loaned me a Sony DV/mini-DV deck to use.  It has the same connector as
> my
> camcorder (with a logo on it that I guess is Sony's ilink logo)...

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
<http://www.cube-zone.com>
<http://www.apple-zone.com>