[MacDV] Re: AAC

Marcelus G. Zalotti magiozal at bol.com.br
Sun Jun 8 20:29:40 PDT 2003

on 08/06/2003 19:29, Kunga at Kunga at FutureMedia.org wrote:

> Yes that's right Matt. AAC encoding is supposed to be a better sounding
> compression scheme but about the same size. I was encoding mp3 files at
> 192 kbps. Now I am encoding AAC at 160 kbps. Saving a little space
> yielding about the same quality. I can't tell the difference between an
> AAC file and an MP3 file. But Steve said we had to do it so I slavishly
> obeyed his order. ; ^ )

Well, I would like to know about three things:

01. Is there a way to make AAC music files under Mac OS 9.1?

02. Is there a player or other way to listen them under Mac OS 9.1?

03. Does Roxio Toast supports Audio CD recording directly from AAC Files, as
the same way as MP3s?

--
MaGioZal.
individual blog <http://magiozal.blogspot.com/>