[MacDV] Re: AAC

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 8 15:29:43 PDT 2003

Yes that's right Matt. AAC encoding is supposed to be a better sounding
compression scheme but about the same size. I was encoding mp3 files at
192 kbps. Now I am encoding AAC at 160 kbps. Saving a little space
yielding about the same quality. I can't tell the difference between an
AAC file and an MP3 file. But Steve said we had to do it so I slavishly
obeyed his order. ; ^ )

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 02:11  PM, Matthew Guemple wrote:

> Ok... so a 128 sample rate AAC will be "better quality" than a 128 MP3?
> I don't get it. Does that not just negate the point of sampling rates?

Kunga

<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
<http://www.cube-zone.com>
<http://www.apple-zone.com>