[MacDV] Re: S-VCD Refresher course needed

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Tue Jun 10 22:47:15 PDT 2003

It will and it does when the PC is equipped with a DVD drive, it
actually wants to be the default player then, but it will not play it
when the PC is equipped with only a CD drive. Media player and QT have
no trouble playing mpg1 files it is just when they are part of a VCD
that it is a problem.

The only reason I brought this up is because if you want to distribute
video to computer users a QT file is more universally playable, Media
Player plays these too although it warns the user that the file may not
be completely compatible.

> I believe Windows Media Player will play the VCDs, but otherwise a PC
Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net