Copy DVD Disk

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Thu Jun 12 07:51:24 PDT 2003

ON Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:16:37 -0400, Steve Robertson
<stever at mindspring.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 03:13  PM, Steven Rogers wrote:
>>
>>  Or use Disk Copy.  Macs are funny like that - want to copy a disk -
>>  use "Disk Copy".  Freaky.
>
>I tried that method recently and created a new coaster ;-)
>
>First, I put my DVD (created with iDVD 2) into the drive and used Disk
>Copy to create a disk image. Then I inserted a blank DVD-R and used
>Disk Copy to burn the image on the blank. When the DVD copy is inserted
>in the Mac drive, it launches DVD Player, but won't play the movie.
>
>Did I do something wrong? Or is this more likely a freak failure due to
>something like bad media?
>
>Steve R.

When you loaded the original DVD image in Disk Copy, did you select
"DVD/CD Master" in the Image Format popup, and "none" in the
Encryption popup?

That's necessary, IIRC. I have successfully used Disk Copy to copy
DVD's authored by my brother's PC and by my iMac.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>