iMovie/FCE camcorder compatibility?

Tom Nugent Jr tom at contracheck.com
Thu Jun 12 08:22:52 PDT 2003

Does anyone know if the list of iMovie compatible camcorders at
<http://www.apple.com/imovie/compatibility/camcorder.html> is out of
date?  After some of the feedback from this list, and reading other
reviews and comparing capabilities, my wife & I are thinking of
getting the Sony DCR-TRV33.  But it's not listed on the compatibility
chart, and neither are a number of other recent camcorders.  Heck,
there's a number of camcorders for sale at the Apple store which are
not on the compatibility list.  Is there any reason to expect the
TRV33 would _not_ work with iMovie?

Thank you!

  -- Tom