Can one read convert PAL format to NTSC on the Mac?

Video International videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp
Fri Jun 13 05:15:55 PDT 2003

Doug,

This question has popped up here before and I believe the only answer
was that they would have to buy a multi-region converting DVD player to
view it, which can be bought here (or elsewhere):
http://www.area450.com/

If the region hasn't been set yet on a Superdrive (which remains
multi-region for a limited number of plays), it will play back on a
computer I'm told.

To actually convert it, I believe the answer was always that it had to
be converted to tape (or DVD recorder) using a video standards
converter, via analogue in/outputs. A converter with a time-base
corrector (TBC) should over-ride any copyguard. Not cheap tho.

Rick