[MacDV] Re: FCP 3 Academic

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Wed Jun 18 09:57:30 PDT 2003

Yes it is not a good new pricing system. The new "academic" upgrade
price of $399 is the same price as the non-academic retail version
upgrade price. Only the new Full Version FCP 4 academic @ $499 is less
than the retail price of $999. Somebody in the academic division didn't
stick up for their constituency in the marketing department. This is a
huge loophole-window of opportunity in the pricing scheme that I was
able to take advantage of. You still have until Friday evening 7 PM
eastern to do the same.

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 09:19  AM, Mark M. Florida wrote:

> I, too, bought the academic version of FCP3 a while ago.  To me the
> difference now is that there's an upgrade price for owners of previous
> academic versions, which is more than the old "standard" non-upgrade
> price,
> and the regular academic price has gone up even more.
>
> I say, either keep the price the same as FCP3 for academic users
> ($299?) and
> don't offer any upgrade pricing (as with FCP3), or offer upgrades for
> like
> $199 and full versions for $399...  That pricing structure would offer
> some
> kind of "reward" for people to stick with FCP and move to the new
> version,
> while giving Apple a little more money for people who are buying it
> new.  To
> me $399 new and $199 upgrade makes a whole lot more sense for academic
> pricing...  But I'm not the new-and-improved money-grabbing Apple
> Computer,
> Inc.  :-\
>
> Maybe they see the new features in FCP4 as justification for the new
> higher
> pricing?
>
>> So basically you are able to get FCP4 for $350 and since I bought 3 a
>> while ago it's going to cost me $399? That doesn't make sense.
>>
>> Why do they keep doing such lame, irritating ****?
>> That is so Microsoft!
>>
>> I'm going to write them an angry letter!
>>
>>> If you already have academic 3 you bought before April 6, the
>>> academic
>>> upgrade price is $399. I bought an academic 3 for $299 at the college
>>> bookstore at San Louis Obispo Cal Poly Tech Monday and the upgrade
>>> price was $50. April 6 to June 20 is the window to get the upgrade
>>> this cheap way and own both versions. You still have thru Friday
>>> evening 7PM eastern time to find an academic copy of FCP 3 for $299,
>>> buy it, and fax the upgrade form along with your receipt and $50
>>> credit card info to get FCP 4
>> ________________
>> Matthew Guemple
>> Art Director/03
>> mo.og at verizon.net
>> 646.734.6601
>> www.gridd.com
>> http://www.creativehotlist.com/
>> index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599

> digest version.

> $879!

"iPod Car Stereo AUX-In Accessory Beats FM Transmitters Hands Down"
<http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>
"T-Minus 1 Week And Counting" <http://www.apple-zone.com>