[MacDV] Re: Sony TRV-33

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jun 19 15:03:27 PDT 2003

It also has an S-Video i/o port. This tells you nothing about its
transcoding capability. You need to know if it will PASS THROUGH analog
input digitally out the i-link/FW/DV port in real time to the Mac
without a tape in the recorder. Test with your camera between Mac
iMovie and a VHS deck. I believe the camera just needs to be in simple
passive VCR on mode.

That DEMO someone is trying out of the obsolete and VERY OLD Premiere
6.0 will not let one capture video as was rightly pointed out by Chris.

I don't know if I am confusing two strings or not. Pardon me if I am.