Projecting Video

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 21 10:05:08 PDT 2003

I've been considering finding something to project video onto a large screen, like you would do with a movie shot on film. There seem to be a lot of choices for projectors and I was wondering if any of you might have any tips.

This is what I know so far: I don't like what I've seen of LCD projectors. Although I've seen some that look fairly nice, when you get up close to the screen the pixels always have black lines between them. I've heard of DLP projectors but haven't actually seen one but so far I'm leaning toward that kind if I can raise the cash. Is there anything decent for under $2000?

-Dave