[MacDV] Re: Transfer 8mm tape to iMac

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Mon Jun 23 04:49:50 PDT 2003

8mm tape is in a cartridge similar in size to an audio cassette.  It
was the most popular size of camcorder tape prior to Mini DV.  Early
cameras recorded analog signals while more recent models record the
same digital signal as a Mini DV does.  If you can get your hands on
one of the digital cameras digitizing the content is as simple as
playing the tape while the camera is connected to a computer by
firewire.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net