[MacDV] Re: G5

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Tue Jun 24 19:50:33 PDT 2003

One sobering thought came from PC-World's report (their daily
newsletter referenced two stories on Apple today).

-----------------
While Jobs, and others, repeatedly noted the G5's 64-bit pedigree, he
did not offer any specifics about when the company's operating system
would offer support for 64-bit desktop applications. Today's desktops
are 32-bit machines, as are the operating systems and applications that
run on them.

So what does this mean? Applications have to be written to take
advantage of the 64-bit processing? Doesn't Panther offer support for
64-bit desktop applications?

Shirley