G5

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 00:20:58 PDT 2003

> From: Video International <videoint at jb3.so-net.ne.jp>
>
> I read an article yesterday linked from MacNN about the G5 being not
> that fast.

That article has since been blasted into smithereens for its faulty
logic and deceptive writing by none other than Greg Joswiak, Apple VP
of Engineering.

> The PC contender was a dual, I can't remember... Xelon (?)

Xeon. The reason they used a dual Xeon is that there is no such thing
as a dual P4. P4's done support multiprocessors.

>  made by
> Dell, which is a $1000 cheaper than the dual G5.

No, the Dell unit is >$1000 **more** than the dual G5, not less.

_Chas_

"Microsoft has innovated nothing. The thing I find most contemptible is
Bill's lying , this thing about innovating. It makes me want to puke.
That's innovation a la Rockefeller, not innovation a la Edison."
-- Larry Elisson, Oracle CEO, 1998 interview with PC Week Online.